REMINDER: Our annual facility maintenance is underway but the
Wellness Center is still OPEN and all adult group ex classes, with the
exception of the water classes, are on as scheduled. There are no youth
classes or team practices from 8/22 through 9/5.
The following areas are closed for annual maintenance:
- The East Stairwell is closed from 8/22 through 8/29
- The Pool, West Gym, Racquetball Court and Special Populations (family) locker rooms are closed from 8/22 through 9/5
- Other areas may be closed periodically, as needed.
Don't forget that through the Reciprocal Agreement, you are also
welcome to use any other YMCA in Ohio while our areas are under annual
maintenance. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work
to improve the facility.
YOUTH CENTER GOES HI-TECH
Thanks to a very generous grant provided by Honda of North America,
our Youth Center has been transformed by the addition of the very
latest Hi-Tech, interactive games called “Exergames” geared specifically
for older youth (7-14) and adults. Guaranteed to physically challenge
you while keeping things fun, these high energy games can be enjoyed by a single individual or with a group of friends.
As a result of these exciting recent additions, the Y's Youth Center now offers a total of six engaging activities, including a 3-kick Corner Kick, two Exerbikes connected to an Xbox system (you have to pedal the bikes to be able to play), a Heavy Ball Exergame, I-Dance with four pads, the Sports Wall and our very popular BEAM by EyeClick. Each of these unique games are designed to challenge you with full body and hand-eye coordination, improved reaction time, foot work, balance and mental acuity. Participants can also expect to elevate their heart rate for fat burning and cardio effects while having a “ton” of fun. We invite you to come experience these great activities and see firsthand why the Y Youth Center is now the “coolest and most fun” place to be.
- The Reciprocal Membership Program is valid for YMCA
full facility/full privilege members only.
- Reciprocal members are welcome to take group exercise classes as space permits.
- Silver Sneakers members may use other Silver Sneakers
locations at any time. The Sidney-Shelby County YMCA is NOT a
Silver Sneakers location.
- Visitors to other Ys must present a valid YMCA
membership card and photo ID upon the first visit and complete a visiting
member waiver or standard membership application form with liability
- YMCA full facility/full privilege members must use
their home branch at least 50% of the time.
- Program discounts do not apply.
- Participating YMCAs reserve the right to restrict
facility or program access.
- Other restrictions may apply.